Thank you for your interest in being a Soulardarity member! Memberships are integral to our work. As a member, you can elect the board of directors, participate in committees to direct different aspects of our work, and steer the organization towards our mission of energy democracy in Highland Park and Surrounding Communities. Your membership dues also sustain our operations and help us maintain autonomy and focus on our mission.
Here's some more basics about Soulardarity membership:
DUES: We want Soulardarity to truly represent it's members, and the more we raise from membership donations, the more our priorities will be driven the members directly.
Highland Park Resident dues are $10/year. Non-residents are considered General Members, dues are $25/year. Partner Organization Membership Levels (based on residency):
- Local Org (located in Highland Park, Detroit or Hamtramck)- $100
- Regional Orgs/Affiliates (located in Michigan)- $150
- National/Global Supporters (located outside of Michigan)- $250
Members are encouraged to become Sustaining Donors and can make monthly contributions at a level that is affordable for them.
VOLUNTEERISM: Soulardarity membership is about collective work and responsibility. "Many Hands Make Light Work" If we all pull a little weight, we can do exponentially greater work. Members are encouraged to give a little time and talent every month to help our programs, projects, and organizing move forward.
EXPIRATION AND RENEWAL: Once annually, a member renewal reminder will be sent out to all lapsed (formerly active) members. At the time of any decision or benefit which applies to eligible members, the following will be assessed to determine eligibility:
- Member donated at least the member dues minimum in the past 12 months.
- Member renewed membership for the current member year (demarcated by the annual meeting).
MEMBER BENEFITS: Members may from time to time receive special benefits for Becoming an Energy Resilience Warrior!
- Access to the Soulardarity Bylaws - Click here to download the bylaws
- Access to our Soulardarity Newsletter (Members Updates, Local News & Resources, Anti-DTE Campaigns and Alerts)
- Advance notice of local, state-wide and national energy policy or utility changes that impact you and your family
- Access to Job placement & training opportunities
- Sponsorship Opportunities (conferences, events, etc)
- Discounted admission to paid events
- Invitation and voting rights at Annual Board of Directors Elections
- Input & engage in annual Participatory Budgeting Activity
- Provide organizational input using Jemez Principles small groups
SOUL SWAG donation perks + Merch Store Coming Soon!
- Die-Cast Soulardarity Sticker
- Soulardarity t-shirt
- Soulardarity Branded Mug
- Soulardarity Branded Hoodie
Other special benefits may arise for all members, or for those donating or fundraising at specific levels.
ACTION GROUPS: Members with ideas and projects are encouraged to form action groups, and will be supported by Soulardarity to see the projects through. Read the action groups summary and download the proposal form here.
MEMBER MEETINGS: Member meetings will occur on a quarterly basis. The schedule and RSVP links for upcoming meetings will be released shortly!