Sierra Club endorsed 2019-12-16 17:04:34 -0500
Please sign on below as an individual or organization to give the public and opportunity to speak on DTE's rate hike. If you are signing as an organization, please include an attachment of your logo in the endorsement.
The undersigned organizations and individuals write to request public hearings consistent with the Open Meetings Act on the current DTE Electric Rate Case (case number U-20561) to be held in Detroit and other frontline communities.
In April 2019, the Michigan Public Service Commission hosted a public hearing on the Integrated Resource Plan for DTE Energy at Wayne County Community College- Downtown Campus. Residents and consumers of DTE Energy turned out to vocalize their opinions for the need to increase renewable energy and affordability in the service territory, many requesting to MPSC to reject the DTE IRP.
We commend the Commission for offering low-income rate payers and grassroots advocates the opportunity to speak directly to the commission on their experiences and opinions on the plan. Conducting the hearing in Detroit, with options before and after 5pm, opened up access to impacted communities.
On June 6, 2019 DTE Energy returned to the MPSC for the second rate increase in a as may years. This rate case proposes substantial cost increases for residential ratepayers. It also proposes a number of new programs focused on low-income ratepayers of dubious efficacy, in the eyes of many intervenors. It is critical for informed decisions that the commission hear not only from technical experts, but those who stand to be most adversely impacted by these cases. To create that opportunity, we request the following:
- At least one public hearing be scheduled
- At least one such hearing will be held in Detroit, MI
- All public comments be collected, transcribed, and filed in the case docket
- The public be given at least 30 days public notice
- Translation in Spanish and Arabic of the notice of public hearing be provided and published in Spanish and Arabic news sources
- There are two sections for comment, before and after 5pm
- Interpretation services be provided for at the hearing itself, including ASL
- Childcare be provided for at the hearing for parents and guardians wishing to comment
- Location be accessible by public transit and ADA compliant
Andrew Sarpolis donated 2019-11-06 15:30:49 -0500
HOT OF THE PRESSES!
Thanks to member Jocelyn Weidman for her gracious offering of the skillful design of this report!
NEW! FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY!
$50 donations or more will receive a custom
Soulardarity "GET LIT!" mug as a thank you for your support!
***FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY***
We're offering a special thank-you! For donors who give a one-time donation of $250 or more, you'll receive a solar phone charger! These flexible, portable chargers absorb sunlight fast and will charge most phones 8-10 times with a full battery. Consider it a thank you for your support!
Is $250 too much? No worries! We're also offering chargers to anyone who sets up a monthly donation of $15 or more!
Get yours by making a donation today!
We've done incredible things together, from installing solar alley lights to educating our community to holding elected officials accountable. We need all kinds of support to make it happen, and your donations are a critical part of that:
Read our 2017 Year In Summary to see what your support accomplished last year.
Read our 2018 Highlights to see what happened this year!
2019 Highlights coming soon!
Look below to see what your contributions do for the work in 2020.
- $5 prints 50 flyers for an event
- $15 buys an hour of childcare to make our events more accessible
- $25 supports a subsidized Soulardarity membership
- $50 buys winter weatherization supplies for a household
- $100 buys local, healthy food for a small community meeting
- $250 pays one month’s rent at our office and maintains a safe, community space
- $1000 sends our community leaders to share Highland Park’s story on a national platform
- $5000 keeps a roof over our heads in 2020!
Every gift makes a difference. We also encourage you to become a dues-paying member and add your voice and leadership to our forward motion.
If you want to make a larger donation than this page allows, email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
To donate by check, please make the check payable to Soulardarity and mail it to:Soulardarity21 Highland StHighland Park, MI 48203
Soulardarity is a 501c3 charitable organization. Donations made to Soulardarity are tax-deductible under Soulardarity's EIN: 47-2733535