**We're working with Detroit Radical Childcare Collective to provide on-site child support for this event! Fill out this form if you're interested!**
How can low-income communities and communities access the benefits of solar energy? What do we need to know about the new energy legislation in Michigan? What tools are available to finance solar on our own roofs, in our own communities? How can we take action to make more possible?
In partnership with Re-Volv and Solar Education Week, we are hosting Solar For The People to answer these questions and more. Join us for enriching conversation on solar energy options, resources for taking action, and planning for more serious engagement.
- 1:00 – 1:20 pm Register and Review Materials
- 1:20 – 1:30 pm Welcome and Goals
- 1:30 – 3:00 pm Powerful Conversation: Overview of Economics and Energy System
Jackson Koeppel, Executive Director Soulardarity
- 3:00 – 3:30 pm Break for Refreshments provided by Just Food Detroit and Networking
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm Financing Energy Efficiency and Solar Systems
- 4:00 – 4:45 pmThe Policy Landscape – Expanding Renewable Energy in Michigan and Public Engagement
John Freeman, Executive Director GLREA, Ian Tran, US Green Building Council, Marnese Jackson, Soulardarity Member & NAACP Regional EJ Organizer, Wibke "Vee" Heymach, Program Manager, Detroiters Working For Environmental Justice
- 4:45 – 5:00 pm Wrap-Up and Next Steps
12527 Woodward Ave
Highland Park, MI 48203
Google map and directions