Rafael Mojica published THANK YOU FOR SHOWING OUT! in What's up at Soulardarity? 2022-05-10 19:20:55 -0400
Rafael Mojica published Communities LEAP in Highland Park in What's up at Soulardarity? 2022-03-30 14:22:15 -0400
Good news for Highland Park! Our city is one of twenty two communities that has been selected to participate in Communities LEAP (Local Energy Action Program). This opportunity is being offered through the Department of Energy’s clean energy deployment work.
To qualify, it was required to submit an extensive application to make the case. Through a collaborative effort amongst multiple stakeholders, including Highland Park Community Crisis Coalition, Soulardarity, Avalon Village, Parker Village, and Highland Park Water and Engineering Department, the city is now eligible to receive up to $500k worth of technical assistance to address the energy crisis. With engagement from Highland Park residents and city government, we will partner with DOE to pursue a path toward 100% local, clean, renewable energy.
Securing this support is a major step forward towards the goals of our Blueprint For Energy Democracy, a vision established by our Highland Park leaders in 2019.
This could not have happened without the offers of support in all the forms they came in. In addition to the community organizations of the multi-stakeholder team, letters of support from the following were included:
- Representative Rashida Tlaib - Vice Chair Subcommittee on Environment
- State of Michigan Office of Future Mobility and Electrification
- State of Michigan Public Service Commission
- Union of Concerned Scientists
- Polar Bear Sustainable Energy Cooperative
- City of Ann Arbor Office of Sustainability and Innovation
- 5 Lakes Energy
- Elevate: Equity Through Climate Action
- Highland Park Human Rights Coalition
- Vote Solar
We wanted to share this good news with our members. And we want you to know that we will be working hard to ground this process in meeting the real needs of our community - affordable rates, reliable power, healthy environment, and resilience to crisis. We can’t do it without you - so get ready to get involved!
Rafael Mojica donated 2022-05-01 13:24:19 -0400
Rafael Mojica donated 2021-12-14 17:23:39 -0500
James Gignac and Edyta Sitko
Union of Concerned Scientists
for their partnership with us in researching and publishing of this report!
NEW! FOR LIMITED TIME ONLY!
$50 donations or more will receive a custom
Soulardarity sweatshirt as a thank you for renewing your membership!
We've done incredible things together, this year we were able to install 10 solar streetlights in Avalon Village and Parker Village. We need all kinds of support to make it happen, and your donations are a critical part of that.
Look below to see what your contributions do for the work in 2022.
- $5 prints 50 flyers for an event
- $25 supports a subsidized Soulardarity membership
- $50 buys winter weatherization supplies for a household
- $250 pays one month’s rent at our office and maintains a safe, community space
- $1000 sends our community leaders to share Highland Park’s story on a national platform
- $5000 keeps a roof over our heads in 2022!
Every gift makes a difference. We also encourage you to become a dues-paying member and add your voice and leadership to our forward motion.
If you want to make a larger donation than this page allows, email [email protected] for instructions.
To donate by check, please make the check payable to Soulardarity and mail it to:Soulardarity21 Highland StHighland Park, MI 48203
Soulardarity is a 501c3 charitable organization. Donations made to Soulardarity are tax-deductible under Soulardarity's EIN: 47-2733535