Membership & Resources Organizer - Accepting Applications
Soulardarity is hiring a part-time Membership & Resources Organizer to build organizational power through member leadership, grassroots fundraising, and engaging democratic practice. Their work will focus on training and supporting members to become strong Soulardarity leaders, increasing the capacity of the membership for collective management and governance, building a liberatory membership culture, and growing grassroots fundraising to self-support member activities.
Open the post to read more or click here for a shareable PDF of this information.
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Part-time (0.5 FTE) contract through 2020 with potential of expansion in 2021.
Location: This job may be done remotely at the moment, with a preference for residents of Highland Park, Detroit, Hamtramck, or other Southeast Michigan communities.
Work Hours: flexible, the office is generally open 10am – 3pm EST, some evenings and weekends required.
Compensation: $18-19 / per hour (depending on experience). Benefits include monthly stipends for healthcare, technology, transportation, and family care. After six months, employees have access to Soulardarity’s Extended Advance Program.
Desired Start Date: Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 in order to attend and be introduced at Soulardarity’s Annual Membership Meeting
- Bottom-line logistics, agenda & outreach for quarterly member meetings, and facilitating those meetings.
- Grow Soulardarity’s local membership base, and recurring monthly donors program.
- Support member engagement in donor-focused fundraising events such as the annual gala, member drive, bus tour, and year-end fundraising appeal.
- Develop infrastructure for sustained member engagement, with an emphasis on ownership of that infrastructure by the members.
- Support grantwriting & fundraising efforts related to these responsibilities.
- Coordinate annual elections process for the Board of Directors.
*We expect that this position will be closely engaged in Soulardarity’s mutual aid and rapid response efforts to the COVID-19 crisis in it’s initial phase.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfort using G Suite tools - google docs, spreadsheets, slides, forms, hangouts, etc., and virtual engagement platforms (like Zoom)
- Experience with social media (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong relational abilities for compassionate communication with membership, staff & Board
- Deep commitment to equity, democratic practice and the value of collective leadership
- Innovative self-starter with ability to self-manage and lead projects
- Ability to pivot, be flexible and reprioritize as needed
- 3-5 years grassroots fundraising and/or experience preferred
- Experience with CRM platforms or databases (particularly Nationbuilder preferred)
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, sustainability and energy democracy preferred, but not required
Interested applicants should send a cover letter outlining relevant experience, interest in the position & qualifications, and their resume to email@example.com. We will hold interviews on a rolling basis via Zoom.
- In the subject of your application email, please include: Last Name, First Name – Membership & Resources Organizer.
- When attaching your resume & cover letter, please indicate your Last Name, First Name in the file name.
- Upon submitting your application, please use this link to select a preferred interview time: calendly.com/jkoeppel.
- This position will be open until filled, and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through April until we’ve found our new Membership & Resources Organizer.
Soulardarity is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to engaging the skills and leadership of applicants from Metro Detroit, Highland Park, frontline and low-income households. Individuals who hold historically marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Soulardarity is a small, growing team working to build a brighter future for Highland Park and neighboring cities with energy democracy education, organizing and people-powered energy. Read more at www.soulardarity.com.