CALL TO ACTION! Michigan Power To All
Advocates To Urge Swift Passage of Clean Energy Legislation to Support Low-Income Michiganders
Soulardarity is working with Vote Solar, MIEIBC and other clean energy advocates, industry representatives, environmental justice advocates, and legislators to host a virtual press conference urging lawmakers to advance the “MI Power for All” plan.The plan consists of bills that would accelerate solar and storage adoption across the state, ensuring that historically underserved Michigan families are able to reap the economic and environmental benefits, removing barriers to clean energy and ensure reliable, affordable energy FOR ALL!
The package of bills would support Michigan’s efforts to attract billions of dollars from the Inflation Reduction Act – namely making the state's Solar For All application more competitive and increasing clean energy tax credit uptake and investments in the state.
Millions in federal funds are within reach but only if lawmakers act now to pass #MIPowerForAll
Tell your lawmakers: DO NOT leave money on the table!
The MI Power for All bill package would accelerate a just clean energy future for Michigan by:
- Finally eliminating the needless 1% cap on distributed energy resources like solar
- Cutting the upfront costs of rooftop solar and battery storage installations nearly in half for income-qualified customers
- Creating virtual power plants to keep the lights on during extreme weather and prevent the disastrous outages that have become far too common for many Michigan residents
- Creating a community solar program, allowing everyone to benefit from the clean energy economy, regardless of wealth or housing type.
Take a moment to email your legislators and urge them to advance these bills this session! Remember, personalized messages make a difference, so make it your own!
- PUBLIC ACCESS TO RECORDING: Download Here
Rafael Mojica, Soulardarity's Program Director
Senator Jeff Irwin
Representative Jenn Hill
Angana Shah, Michigan United